TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), an award winning financial media company, is in search of an Account Executive who will be responsible for digital advertising revenue sales within the Northeast Territory. The position is responsible for generating proactive revenue opportunities from active and prospective clients, cultivating and maintaining high level agency and client contacts.
• Develop revenue for assigned accounts (agencies and client-direct) to meet and exceed the annual revenue target
• Proactively assist the sales team in managing existing business and pursuing new business opportunities
• Maintain a strong focus on being in-market, attending a high volume of sales calls, client meetings, and relationship building activities
• Strategically work with prospects to determine needs, marketing initiatives/objectives and budget, and develop effective sales proposals/solutions by customizing offerings based on prospective clients' objectives/business challenges
• Interpret client RFP requests and collaborate with internal account management/ad operations team to develop effective sales proposals and ad sales solutions by utilizing a thorough understanding of appropriate and available inventory.
• Direct the account management activities to drive account expansion and penetration, develop long-term relationships and ensure customer satisfaction to drive recurring/incremental business
• Maximize advertising results and ensure a high renewal rate by communicating with client services team and client to assure execution of contract deliverables and maximum program optimization.
• Efficiently manage territory T&E.
• Complete regular call reports, sales pipelines and revenue forecasts.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Must have 3-5 years digital ad sales experience, including understanding of the sales process end to end – from prospecting, to proposal and presentation, close, campaign implementation and post-analysis
• In-depth knowledge of interactive advertising and media landscape
• Solid contacts and relationships with agencies and clients
• Ability to sell conceptual, multi-faceted and profitable advertising programs
• Must be able to think strategically from a marketing perspective; a problem solver and creative thinker able to develop solutions based on customer needs
• Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented business environment
• Experience in a financial vertical preferred
Bringing everything that matters in business and financial news. We want to help you make money. TheStreet, Inc. is a leading digital financial media company reporting on the latest investing trends and analysis to investors around the world. With an unmatched suite of digital services, TheStreet has all the tools and insight needed to help you make the best financial decisions. You can also find us @TheStreet on... Facebook: facebook.com/thestreet Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestreet Instagram: http://instagram.com/thestreet/