TheStreet.com is a leading financial media organisation serving over a million page-views per day. The Software Development team are responsible for a wide variety of applications that range from enabling the editorial team to write articles and publish them to various channels such as web, syndication, email and mobile; engineer the commerce platform that allows customers to sign up to premium services; support marketing and AdOps; implement business intelligence needs for tracking customer engagement across the sites plus many more.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a track record of running successful teams and projects who is ready to move into a more senior managerial role. The right individual will have at least 7 years’ experience in high volume subscription based B2C media sites.
Key areas of expertise this individual must have are:
• Experience in developing and maintaining an authoring and publication process within a CMS to supply our products.
• Knowledge and experience of high volume sites for consumer to consume articles
• eCommerce experience within a B2C media environment for billing and subscription systems relavent to any sign-up flows for our premium subscribers.
The ideal candidate will be able to operate under the direction of the VP – Software Development and ensure that all product development efforts in New York meet the Product Owner’s requirements. They must be able to operate autonomously where necessary while understanding the need to operate within a larger global team.
• Collaborate with the Product Owners, Editorial, Marketing, Advertising and SEO areas of the Consumer business to design, explore and iterate through new solutions.
• Drive high standards through your recruitment and professional development of software engineers within your development teams.
• Build for the long term, while maintaining flexibility to experiment and deliver small and valuable new features for customers.
• Develop quality engineering approaches that best fit the team’s strategic direction.
• Define, drive and oversee a broad range of service integrations, systems improvements and customer-facing features.
• Work closely with the the VP – Software Development to ensure that standards, policies and new processes are formulated, and implemented across all the engineering teams globally.
• 5+ years experience as a Software Developer, and a further 2+ years in a managerial or team leader role.
• Extensive experience building and managing high performance technical teams and running multiple concurrent programs or projects
• Experience leading and inspiring technical managers: Encouraging innovation, operational excellence, and team development
• Able to collaborate closely with business stakeholders and discover the true requirements underlying feature requests
• Able to manage complex initiatives from conception to launch and deliver high-quality, innovative, clean and timely technical solutions
• Broad technical depth across the stack, with particular strength in web application development
• Able to dive deep, into both technical architecture and its associated business processes
• Able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of applying agile software development methodologies
• Comfortable writing documentation and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Specific knowledge of quality in software engineering, applying quality tools throughout the systems lifecycle
• In-depth knowledge of information security techniques and best practices
• Domain experience of ecommerce or media
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bringing everything that matters in business and financial news. We want to help you make money. TheStreet, Inc. is a leading digital financial media company reporting on the latest investing trends and analysis to investors around the world. With an unmatched suite of digital services, TheStreet has all the tools and insight needed to help you make the best financial decisions. You can also find us @TheStreet on... Facebook: facebook.com/thestreet Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestreet Instagram: http://instagram.com/thestreet/