TheStreet, Inc., an award-winning financial-media company founded by Jim Cramer, is seeking a Breaking News Reporter to join its breaking-news desk. Based at our Wall Street headquarters across from the New York Stock Exchange, this person will be part of a team responsible for handling breaking business and market news in a real-time, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for markets, investing, personal finance and business journalism, and will enjoy writing articles quickly and accurately.
• Gathering and verifying information about breaking market and business news by conducting Web research and phone and e-mail interviews.
• Writing short articles based on information that you gather.
• Occasionally representing TheStreet in in-house video and media appearances.
• Evaluating news leads and cultivating sources for occasional longer-term investing and personal-finance articles.
• At least some college, professional or internship experience in journalism (preferably in business news), and ideally up to three years of full-time employment.
• Excellent writing and reporting skills.
• A personal interest in markets, investing, personal finance, writing and business journalism.
• Ability to work independently and accurately meet tight deadlines.
• Familiarity with stock-market concepts like price-to-earnings ratios and company earnings statements would be a big plus. So would good math skills and knowledge of technology-sector trends and terminology.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and other search engine optimization tools and concepts would also be beneficial.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Send your resume, and your three best clips to email@example.com, with "Breaking News Reporter" in the subject line.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.