TheStreet, Inc., an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a Reporter to join its breaking news desk. Based in New York, this writer will be part of a team responsible for handling breaking news and relevant follow-up stories. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about breaking news coverage and have a passion for getting to the bottom of a story as quickly as possible.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Cultivating sources for stories
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
• Representing TheStreet on video
• Constant mining of breaking news sources such as social media for stories
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Ability to write quickly and spot breaking news quickly
• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• 0-2 years of business reporting experience
• Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Comfort level with tech terminology and numbers
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements with "Breaking News Reporter" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.