TheStreet.com seeks an experienced Business and Markets Editor to help direct and edit our real-time coverage of markets, business news, investing and personal finance for our free and subscription-based Web sites.
Founded by famed market expert Jim Cramer, TheStreet.com and its subscription sites provide millions of investors with cutting-edge investment news and advice every day.
Our Business and Markets Editor will be based at our Wall Street headquarters in New York. The ideal candidate will have:
• Seven years or more of experience as a reporter and/or editor at a major financial-media company.
• Excellent knowledge of markets, investing, and personal finance.
• The ability to write snappy headlines and edit copy from both professional journalists and non-journalist stockbrokers in a fast-paced, real-time environment.
• The ability to jump in and help with reporting and writing when needed.
• A personal interest in stocks and markets.
• A willingness to appear on-camera in our videos.
• The ability to work early or late hours as dictated by the newsflow.
• The ability to help recruit new freelance columnists among both pro journalists and stockbrokers/experts.
• Knowledge of search engine optimization best practices is a plus.
*Please note that this is not a telecommuting position*
To apply: Please submit a resume and three best clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.