TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), a leading financial digital media company, is seeking an experienced event and native advertising sales person for its B2B subsidiary, The Deal. As a leading provider of actionable business intelligence for M&A professionals, The Deal offers a platform for thought leadership to its clients through live and virtual events, video services and native advertising solutions. Our clients include the largest global investment banks, law firms, professional services, buyside and executive search firms. Reporting to the Vice President, Business Development, the Sales Executive will immerse themselves within the industry and build relationships while promoting our cutting-edge suite of events, conferences, webinars, video services and native advertising solutions to clients and business partners. This person will be the main point person with clients and will attend our live events and conferences, as well as host clients in our state-of-the-art broadcast studio. This role will combine a mix of networking and cold-calling in order to build and maintain a solid book of business.
- Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers at current and prospective clients
- Work with prospective clients and the rest of the conference team to develop new sponsorship and native advertising products and proposals for implementation.
- Sell The Deal’s suite of event and native advertising solutions, including: event and conference sponsorships; custom video, event and content solutions; digital advertising, reprints.
- Identify and develop new sales channels based on market trends and client demand
- Create proposals and present sponsorship opportunities to help them meet their business objectives
- Attend all Deal conferences to ensure sponsor’s participation and satisfaction
- Attend competitive events to identify and meet with key prospects
- Develop industry expertise to demonstrate your understanding of trends, changes, innovations and overall market conditions
- Communicate client feedback to staff and management team in order to refine and improve internal processes regularly
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-6 years of a mix of event and native advertising sales experience
- Proven track record in strong presentation skills and sales.
- Professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of conference and event sales and financial markets
- Experience selling to financial institutions, law firms and advisory firms a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit; professional and business savvy demeanor.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
Please send your resume and salary requirements indicating "Bus Dev Exec NY" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org