TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), an award winning financial media company, is seeking a Business Intelligence and Analytics Analyst to join the Business Intelligence team. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of marketing, data analysis, web site traffic, relational databases, data mining, and campaign management. They will have a curiosity for data and problem solving with the ability to translate those insights in to actionable steps for all levels of the organization and wants to build their knowledge and skills while representing a top-tier business and financial site.
• Provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results while ensuring quality, accuracy, completeness of record profiles and adherence to established standards
• Monitor for timely and accurate completion of select data elements and identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action for correction
• Run queries and analysis supporting sales & marketing initiatives (telesales, subscription acquisition & retention, and cross-sell initiatives, etc.)
• Translate business requirements into data requirements with a deep understanding of project objectives and available data attributes
• Use business intelligence tools to provide analytic and advisory consulting based on customer insights. Design quality dashboards and create ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Develop high quality reports and analyses that help drive business revenue
• Minimum 2 years of database experience required, with experience in a media and publishing a plus
• High proficiency with MS Access, SQL & Excel
• Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
• Education or experience in performing data quality and/or data management
• Ability to understand marketing business plans and objectives to identify and recommend process improvements
• Experience with analytics and BI platforms such as Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Tableau, etc. a plus
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a strong customer orientation.
• Must have strong attention to detail skills
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and meet deadlines
Please send your resume with "Business Intelligence Analyst" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award winning financial media company recently named on Folio’s list of Top Places to Work in Media, providing business and financial news, investing ideas and analysis to personal and institutional investors worldwide. The Company's portfolio of business and personal finance brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, RealMoney Pro, Action Alerts PLUS, MainStreet and RateWatch. To learn more, visit www.thestreet.com. The Deal, the Company's institutional business, provides intraday coverage of mergers and acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control. To learn more, visit www.thedeal.com.
Since its inception in 1996, TheStreet has distinguished itself from other financial media companies with its journalistic excellence, unbiased approach and interactive multimedia coverage of the financial markets, economy, industry trends, investment and financial planning.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a TheStreet recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. We would also never ask you to purchase any type of equipment when you are first employed with the company. All of our vacancies can typically be found at http://corporate.thestreet.com/employment.