TheStreet, Inc., a leading financial news and information provider, is seeking a bright and business-minded Compensation & Reporting Analyst to join our global organization. Primary responsibilities will include all Payroll & Stock Plan Administration for our global organization as well as Reporting on all things human capital.
The successful candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a bias for continuous improvement, and an interest in helping the business grow. This is a fast-paced and innovative environment, often with multiple competing deadlines, so the ability to diligently multi-task, stay calm under pressure, and deal with multiple personality traits are invaluable skills.
Payroll Administration: Solely responsible for performing activities necessary to ensure that all employees within our organization are paid accurately and timely and in compliance with all local laws. Payroll Administration responsibilities include:
• Entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, miscellaneous changes, and processing terminations.
• Computing wage and overtime payment; calculating and recording payroll deductions; processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
• Processing employee paychecks, filing tax deduction reports and filing voluntary deduction reports.
• Checking and auditing timekeeping records.
• Performing tasks to establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
• Documenting and updating payroll procedures.
• Ensuring system compliance with all tax laws and best practices.
Stock Plan Administration: performing activities necessary to ensure that all equity grants within our organization are processed accordingly. Stock plan administration responsibilities include:
• Administering equity compensation plan; conducting monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
• Contacting executive compensation vendors regarding stock plans;
• Processing grants and updating the stock plan system with employee additions and terminations.
• Administering RSU vesting and option exercises; ensuring the accuracy of all data and information, administration of all equity programs; ensuring organizational compliance with all legal regulations and securities laws.
Reporting & Analysis: providing an expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze HR data and report quality, accurate results.
• Assist with ongoing operations and processes to maintain HRIS systems in order to deliver accurate data for business planning, reporting and employee services
• Provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results while ensuring quality, accuracy, completeness of record profiles and adherence to established standards
• Run queries and analysis supporting human resources initiatives
• Design quality dashboards and create ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Develop high quality reports and analyses
System Upgrade Team- Part of the team that will work to review and potentially upgrade all HRIS systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• 4-5 years related experience with automated Global payroll systems. Experience with ADP a plus.
• Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• This person must be able to work with the pressure of regular deadlines.
• This position requires a person who is highly organized and pays great attention to detail.
• Expert mathematical reasoning skills are also required, in addition to proficiency in necessary computer skills.
• Seek and attain knowledge of tax reporting laws.
• Work with accounting and human resources personnel.
• Excellent analytical and independent thinking skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Collaborative team player
• Must be able to prioritize, problem solve, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
• Proven ability to remain flexible in the face of change and changing priorities
System Requirements – The ideal candidate will have experience with the following systems:
ADP Workforce Now, ADP PayX, ADP Time & Labor Management, EASi Administration System
Please send your resume and salary requirements indicating “Compensation & Reporting Analyst” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.