TheStreet, Inc., an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a reporter to join its consumer team. Based in New York, this writer will be part of a team responsible for covering all aspects of the consumer industry from retailers to restaurants. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about the beat, familiar with the basics of the consumer industry, and open to doing videos.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
• Representing TheStreet on television and video
• Following market trends and providing sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of both individual and institutional investors
• Breaking down complex topics and reports laced with industry jargon into clear, engaging prose and/or video segments, without losing nuance
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Familiarity with company-valuation metrics
• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• 0-3 years of business reporting experience
• Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
• Comfort level with consumer terminology and numbers
Please send your resume and salary requirements indicating “Consumer Reporter” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a TheStreet recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. We would also never ask you to purchase any type of equipment when you are first employed with the company. All of our vacancies can typically be found at http://corporate.thestreet.com/employment.