TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award-winning digital financial media company, is seeking a Customer Service Sales Executive whose primary function is to serve via telephone and email as an ambassador for the brand, managing and fulfilling client as well as prospective client needs and inquiries. This role will focus on customer outreach and retention to ensure a complete premium customer experience. In addition the role will include securing new sales opportunities, generating revenue, and ensuring activation by driving long-term memberships for TheStreet’s premium subscription products. This role is prime for aspiring sales people who wish to have a career in Financial Sales.
Our clients are influential active investors around the world. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, a knowledge of the financial markets, and strong relationship building skills. This individual should be able to manage objections by demonstrating value and he/she should be great at networking and engaging people in conversation. A keen interest in the stock market or experience trading stocks is a must.
A successful candidate will spend time working with existing customers along with warm and prospect leads to serve their needs and issues as well as better understand their investment styles and to recommend the right premium services to fit those styles and help investors grow their earnings.
The ideal candidate has to be committed to creating long-term relationships and managing customer accounts. This is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often with multiple competing deadlines, so the ability to diligently multi-task is an invaluable skill.
• Manage daily customer service queue of incoming client calls for both the Sales and Service team. Part of the working day will be spent within the Service queue and then the other part in the Sales queue.
• Work within a dedicated sales territory as the primary contact for subscribers
• Manage and prioritize territory leads to ensure the best revenue opportunities are contacted
• Develop territory leads to generate revenue from new sales or renewals via outbound and inbound sales calls
• Achieve assigned revenue , subscription and retention save goals each month.
• Demonstrate product value to prevent members from cancelling subscriptions or for members to take on an additional product or package
• Serve as the primary contact for all territory leads and manage all interactions with customer service to ensure subscriber needs are met
• Build upon relationships with existing accounts to upgrade into more sophisticated investment products and drive new business ideas across various product lines
• Increase member renewal value through product activation and education of subscribers
• Assess customer needs, prepare proposals and send out samples, when appropriate
• Collaborate and support sales and service team colleagues to ensure team goals are met
• Update Salesforce system to accurately reflect all client interactions
• Process daily orders including subscription upgrades, username changes, service changes, customized orders, multiple account management, complimentary premium subscriptions and cancellations as needed
• Manage daily email queue and respond to members requests via the email channel.
• Pro-actively reach out to TheStreet customers to ensure subscription renewal process flows without any issues
• Work closely with the Relationship Sales Team to ensure customer needs are met effectively and efficiently
• Support departmental needs as necessary
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• A passion for developing relationships to uncover and understand how our clients invest is a must-have for a successful candidate
• Excellent communication skills and ability to engage people at all levels in conversation
• Self starter that is eager to learn financial markets and the sales business
• Great team member who can collaborate with others on the sales team to deliver best-in-class service to our clients
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• 2 years + prior experience in tele sales, field sales or customer service capacity preferred
• A track record as a top performer
• Stock market trading and investment knowledge preferred
• Outgoing, competitive, and positive personality
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, results-oriented team player who can also work well both independently and interdepartmentally with Marketing, Editorial and Finance department
• Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure
• Successful candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely
• Sponsorship will not be available for this position
Please attach a copy of your resume and salary requirements with "CS/Sales" in the subject line to email@example.com
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award winning financial media company recently named on Folio’s list of Top Places to Work in Media, providing business and financial news, investing ideas and analysis to personal and institutional investors worldwide. The Company's portfolio of business and personal finance brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, RealMoney Pro, Action Alerts PLUS, MainStreet and RateWatch. To learn more, visit www.thestreet.com. The Deal, the Company's institutional business, provides intraday coverage of mergers and acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control. To learn more, visit www.thedeal.com.
Since its inception in 1996, TheStreet has distinguished itself from other financial media companies with its journalistic excellence, unbiased approach and interactive multimedia coverage of the financial markets, economy, industry trends, investment and financial planning.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a TheStreet recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. We would also never ask you to purchase any type of equipment when you are first employed with the company. All of our vacancies can typically be found at http://corporate.thestreet.com/employment.