TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), an award-winning financial digital media company, is seeking a Director of Human Resources. The Director of Human Resources will develop, manage, implement, and administer HR and Administration policies and programs for the firm. In addition, this individual will manage the Human Resources and Facilities teams and consult with the executive team on matters concerning business strategy, organizational design and operations, and human resources strategy. This position entails a high level of critical planning and thinking in order to ensure the successful functioning of the human capital management operations within the firm.
• Responsible for establishing the HR function to support business strategies of multiple business lines within the company, while maintaining effective, consistent and legally defensible HR practices.
• Lead and provide management for the HR and Executive Administration teams.
• Formulate, recommend, and implement all company-wide HR policies including the development of all processes that meet Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 requirements.
• Identify and adhere to all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR function (e.g. EEO, ERISA, FLSA); monitor exposure to the company and ensure company compliance.
• Oversee full lifecycle recruitment for all positions.
• Lead the development of market competitive compensation plans, which include targeted base and variable rewards for applicable positions meeting fiscal objectives.
• Oversee the design of a full line of employee health and welfare benefits and morale programs for the organization.
• Develop and lead the HR due diligence for potential mergers and acquisitions; assist in the divestiture of unprofitable business units and subsidiaries.
• Assist in workforce realignment initiatives, managing change requirements to reduce annualized company-wide headcount and raising productivity per headcounts.
• Manage the processing of semi-monthly payroll, reporting, and stock plan functions.
• Facilitate successful outcomes of high impact employee relations issues, including Harassment (Sexual and Verbal), Discrimination, Alcoholism/Depression, Bullying, Hate Speech, Technology Abuse, Theft, Management and Employee Performance Issues. Mediate workplace disputes.
• Oversee executive administration and facilities management, including security, supply management, determining office space needs, performing site selection, working with architects to design office space, designers to set the office design, building contractors to build out space and refurbishing distributors to furnish the space.
Must be a player / coach – willing to roll up their sleeves with the team.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline; PHR/SPHR certification and/or Master’s degree is desirable but not required
• Minimum 5+ years of progressive experience in human resources
• Experience in strategic planning and the successful execution of HR programs
• Experience supporting staff in New York, California and London.
• Must have knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations. Ability to interpret and advise on the application of EEO/AA laws
• Proficiency using Microsoft tools including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Experience managing a departmental P&L.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects; ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
• Strong interpersonal skills and friendly and professional demeanor.
• High degree of integrity
• Expert coaching, counseling and communication (verbal, written and presentation/facilitation) skills
• Exemplary management and leadership skills
• Solid problem resolution and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and to maintain the confidentiality, sensitivity, and security of information
• Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs
• Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs
• Knowledge of organizational development theory and practices
• Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements, indicating “Director HR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.rate-watch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.