The Editor, Personal Finance will work with a team of reporters and freelancers to produce personal finance content for TheStreet and MainStreet websites. The editor should be skilled in a variety of storytelling formats, from articles to videos to slideshows. This is a key position in our multimedia organization and this individual will help steer coverage to find the best angles that will appeal to the most readers, determine which stories get the most play and resources, oversee day-to-day planning.
• Develop site direction and project planning.
• Work with reporters to help turn pitches into quality story angles.
• Edit articles, news briefs, and slideshows. This also includes writing compelling original headlines and working closely with the social media team.
• Input and arrange content within a content management system using SEO best practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or other related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience writing and/or editing for an online publication
• Strong knowledge of personal finance topics ranging from general consumer news to the basics of mortgage and retirement accounts to beginner investing tips
• Attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects and personalities simultaneously, and a commitment to accurate and fact-based reporting
Please send your resume, writing samples and salary requirements with "PFE" in the subject line to email@example.com.