TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award winning financial media, is seeking an Event Sales Director who will be responsible for ensuring proactive revenue opportunities from active and prospective clients at the senior management level, as well as cultivating and maintaining high level agency and client relationships. This position entails a high level of strategic planning and thinking to successfully develop sales proposals and solutions, in addition to leading client sales meetings and events.
• Drive event revenue and execution from ideation, pitch, negotiation and execution of all sponsorship elements
• Establish a robust event sponsorship pipeline by prioritizing and conducting a high volume of weekly sales calls to drive event revenue (keeping in mind quarterly and annual revenue goal)
• Identify key client-direct contacts/decision-makers in the event space and work to build these relationships in order to effectively secure new business/transform into recurring business
• Pitch existing events to clients and strategically conceptualize/build event opportunities based on client needs: Determine needs, marketing initiatives/objectives and budget, and develop effective event proposals/solutions by customizing sponsorship elements based on prospective clients' objectives
• Manage all elements of sold event sponsorships by working with cross-functional internal teams to collaborate on content and resources required and acting as a liaison between client and internal teams to ensure seamless execution and client satisfaction
• Efficiently manage territory T&E.
• Complete regular call reports, sales pipelines and revenue forecasts.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; Master’s degree encouraged
• Extensive background in event sales/marketing and execution (a minimum of 7 years of success)
• Solid contacts and relationships with clients and agencies, particularly in the event space
• Ability to sell multi-faceted and profitable studio and venue events
• Must be able to think strategically from a marketing perspective; a problem solver and creative thinker able to develop solutions based on customer needs
• Knowledge of digital sales, interactive advertising and media landscape
• Highly developed written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to thrive in a high pressure, deadline-oriented business environment
• Experience in a financial vertical preferred
Bringing everything that matters in business and financial news. We want to help you make money. TheStreet, Inc. is a leading digital financial media company reporting on the latest investing trends and analysis to investors around the world. With an unmatched suite of digital services, TheStreet has all the tools and insight needed to help you make the best financial decisions. You can also find us @TheStreet on... Facebook: facebook.com/thestreet Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestreet Instagram: http://instagram.com/thestreet/