Real Money is a subscription service for analysts, investment professionals and high-net-worth individuals looking for original industry insights and actionable trading advice.The parent company TheStreet Inc. was founded by Jim Cramer 23 years ago and is the oldest online financial platform offering a range of free content, subscription and data services.
Real Money is seeking a Fixed Reporter to join its Real Money publication. Based in New York, this writer will be part of a team responsible for providing analysis, actionable trading advice and in-depth market stories. The right candidate will be enthusiastic about market coverage and have a passion for chasing leads and insightful reporting.
Other Responsibilities include:
• Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
• Representing Real Money on video
• Constant mining of breaking news sources such as social media for stories
• Familiarity with income statements, balance sheets and other regulatory filings
• Ability to write quickly and work in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment
• Familiarity with market coverage, especially fixed income
• Some experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters
• Bachelor’s degree
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
• 4-5 years of business reporting experience
• Strong analytic, writing and investigative skills
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Comfort level with tech terminology and numbers
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements with "Real Money Fixed Income Reporter" in the subject line to email@example.com.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.