TheStreet, Inc. (www.t.st), and award winning financial media company is seeking a Global Head of Account Management. Reporting to the President, Institutional Services, the Global Head of Account Management is a highly visible leader ensuring the complete post-sale success and satisfaction of The Deal’s institutional customers. This individual will set a clear vision and be an inspiring, results-focused leader, providing the right framework to accelerate growth from existing clients via up sell and cross sell opportunities as well as retaining current contracts. You will co-ordinate a multi-departmental team of Account Managers to customer satisfaction, growth, renewal risk or opportunity in their portfolio.
The Global Head of Account Management will be responsible for ensuring our clients receive a first-rate service from the client service teams located in New York and London. Accountabilities for this job:
• Take ownership and be accountable for ensuring client growth and satisfaction across our product suite, as measured by renewal growth and up-sells.
• Inspect the planning and execution of your team’s account plans
• Lead, coach and assist your team as required to achieve customer success
• Develop strong relationships at key accounts with key decision makers and influencers, including executive sponsors.
• Proven ability to scale and drive repeatable processes and methodologies of account management
• Test and validate that effective mitigation plans exist for any risk that threatens a customer’s growth, satisfaction, or renewal
• Collaborate effectively with internal and external colleagues to build a best-in-class customer experience with the goal of making every customer a promoter of our products and a customer for life.
• Recruit key personnel
• Implement and align global training and induction programmes
• Spearhead timely account planning sessions to include gap analysis
• Monitor clients being aware of key renewal dates and contract cancellations
• Conduct client satisfaction survey
• Alert the sales team to opportunities for further sales within key clients
• Build and maintain a strong knowledge of the product suite
• Ensure all members of the team update the CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
• Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
General Requirements/Experience Required
• 5-10 years of account management experience with 3-5 years of leadership experience; business development experience a plus
• Knowledge of B2B, financial information sales and licensing preferred
• Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure
• Articulate and professional approach to work
• Hard working with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with clients
• Proven track record of managing a global team
• Computer literate with knowledge of CRM system Microsoft Dynamics
• Attention to detail and strong interpersonal oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills
• A track record of being a top performer
• Ability to travel to clients and office locations must
Please send a copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements indicating "Global Head of AM" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.rate-watch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.