TheStreet is looking for a Multimedia Reporter. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 3 years of multimedia reporting at a major media outlet, with a strong background in both writing and digital video production. This candidate should have a strong rolodex and a track record of interview, producing engaging video segments with high profile executives, movers and shakers and celebrities with ties to Wall Street, business, investing and personal finance.
The Multimedia Reporter will work closely with TheStreet editors, marketing and other arms of the business to develop original video series, podcasts, explainer videos, webinars and live events.
The ideal candidate must have a proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines.
Responsibilities Could Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Pitching, writing, editing and producing original videos, series, webinars
• Develop new ideas that include mini documentaries and emerging journalism like VR
• Ability to recognize overarching company goals and the ability to align videos objectives within them
• Proactive approach to content, self-directed and driven
• Seeks out all arms of the operation and works closely with them to ensure the products success
• Highly effective on-air performance (Video or Podcast), excellent news judgment, storytelling and extensive knowledge of financial news.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience reporting and producing digital video content at a major news network or online news publication
• Ability to handle tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to work independently in a one man band, backpack, multimedia environment.
• Ability to edit on non-linear systems i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier.
• Ability to leverage social media and emerging platforms with storytelling abilities.
• Closely monitors metrics of their own content and develops tactics to ensure the contents overall success
• Working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies, ensures SEO and other opportunities are maximized for content’s success.
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• A video production reel of the candidate's work is required
Please attach a copy of your resume with "Multimedia Reporter" in the subject line to email@example.com
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer