The Deal, an award-winning financial media company and business unit of TheStreet Inc., is seeking a senior private equity reporter to join its team in New York. This writer will be responsible for covering the private equity industry for The Deal, TheStreet’s M&A focused publication serving advisers, executives and institutional investors. The right candidates will be enthusiastic about the beat, well-sourced, have strong knowledge of both the transactional and human aspect of the business and be willing to help drive coverage for themselves and the newsroom as a whole. The ideal candidate will show an ability to find unique and exclusive angles on private equity-related stories across The Deal’s major coverage areas of M&A, restructuring and activist investing.
Other Responsibilities include:
● Evaluating news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Cultivating sources for stories
● Covering M&A deals, fundraisings and key people moves in the world of private equity
● Gathering and verifying factual information through interviews, observation and research
● Following industry trends and providing sophisticated analysis that will be useful to a readership of advisers
● Breaking down complex topics and reports laced with industry jargon into clear, engaging prose
● Willingness to do Podcasts and video, if necessary
● Proven record of excellence covering M&A and private equity
● Familiarity with firms and people that matter in the business
● Familiarity with company-valuation, return on invested capital and other key metrics to the industry
● Experience with using financial databases such as Bloomberg, Standard & Poor’s Capital IQ and Thomson Reuters
● Bachelor’s degree
● Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
● More than 5 years of business reporting experience
● Strong writing and questioning/investigative skills
● Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
To apply, please send your resume with "PE/M&A Reporter" in the subject line to email@example.com.