The Deal LLC, an award-winning financial multi-media division of TheStreet, Inc., is seeking two Researchers based in Chennai, India who will research, collate and disseminate director and company information. This work will be checked and verified by a member of the Quality Assurance Team.
The Data Division has over 200 staff extracting data on organizations and individuals from various sources for its products.
• Input, check, amend and verify organization, individual profile and company details onto the production database.
• Ensure each company’s records are updated and filed securely in accordance with the project’s needs (Data Protection Act).
• Meet given deadlines and objectives to offer a high level of quality.
General Requirements/Experience Required
• Must have studied finance and/or accountancy
• Knowledge and understanding of business terminology.
• Very good written and oral English communication skills; other European languages an advantage, especially French and German
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Flexibility in work practices and problem solving.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Familiarity with computers.
• Keen to learn and develop your potential
• Bachelor degree, preferably in business or a related subject with courses including finance and/or accountancy; postgraduate degree or studies an advantage
Career Path: Researcher, Analyst, Specialist Team, Manager, Senior Manager
Hours: Vacancies available in the morning and evening shift:
• Morning shift: 8am to 3.15pm
• Evening shift: 3.45pm to 11pm
How to Apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a brief cover note with the subject: “Researcher (India)” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview Process: All candidates will be required to pass a basic work assessment and interviews before appointment.
A probationary period will apply before permanent appointment.
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.