The Deal LLC, an award-winning financial multi-media division of TheStreet, Inc., is seeking a Sales Director to build relationships and usage within existing accounts that license access to our information and data services. The Sales Director will also be responsible for new business sales.
Our clients are some of the most influential bankers, lawyers and fund managers in the world. If you have excellent research and communication skills, strong relationship building skills and are great at networking and setting up meetings, we would like to talk. A displayed interest in corporate finance, restructuring, and capital markets is a must.
Our clients are focused on deal-making across M&A, Bankruptcy, Private Equity and Distressed Situations.
The role is based out of our London office and requires the successful candidate to spend time working with existing business as well as driving new business.
• Experience in Account Management and New Business Sales
• A track record as a top performer in a quota carrying role
• Proficiency in using the various web-based resources and internal data to research accounts and glean information on our clients and prospects
• Excellent communication skills and ability to get meetings set up with senior professionals
• Great team member who can collaborate with others on the licensing sales team to deliver best-in-class service to our clients
• We work with the majority of top banks, law firms, and funds. A passion for developing deep knowledge in how our clients advise, fund, and invest around corporate transactions is a must-have for a successful candidate
• Strong aptitude to learn the nuances of corporate transactions and the people and processes that drive them
• Be able to attain new business across various product lines
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience working with bankers, attorneys, or PE/Hedge Fund managers is a strong plus
• Business or finance related degree or work experience is a strong plus
• Excellent communication skills, both on phone and in-person
• Effective collaborative skills to connect the needs of our clients with our capabilities
• Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure
Please send your resume and salary requirements with "Sales Director London" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Deal
The Deal is a media and relationship capital company providing over 100,000 users with business opportunities sourced from proprietary deal news and a relationship discovery tool. Law firms, investment banks, private equity and hedge funds use The Deal's insight and analysis about potential and announced transactions to find their next deal and BoardEx's service and database for building relationships. The Deal is the institutional arm of TheStreet, Inc. and has offices in New York, London, Washington, D.C., Petaluma, CA and Chennai, India. For more information, visit www.thedeal.com.
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.