The Deal is a media and market intelligence company providing over 100,000 users with business opportunities sourced from proprietary deal news and data surrounding M&A, Restructurings, Auctions, Private Equity, Activism, Financings and more. Leading Law firms, Investment Banks, Private Equity Firms and Hedge Funds use The Deal's insight and analysis about potential and announced transactions to find their next deal. The Deal is the institutional arm of TheStreet, Inc. and has offices in New York, London, Washington, D.C. and Petaluma, CA.
The Deal is seeking a Presales and Account Management Intern to assist our Licensing Sales Team on various business development and competitive intelligence projects. This is an outstanding opportunity to gain valuable work experience in Sales and Account Management within a public company environment. This is a fast-paced and innovative environment requiring the ability to diligently multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Support Licensing Sales team with the identification and qualification of new business opportunities
• Understand the unique and specific business needs of key market segments
• Research and analyze competing providers of transaction intelligence
• Track key departures and hires of existing clients
• Enhance internal CRM records by actively researching company and contact information
• Assist Sales Team with pipeline management by ensuring data on leads, opportunities, and tasks are current
• Proactively identify leads using internet search tools and social networks to expand customer prospects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Junior or senior in college preferred
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Dynamics
Please attach a copy of your resume with "Sales/Account Management Internship 2018" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org