TheStreet, Inc., an award winning financial media company, is seeking a Securities Analyst to join our research team. We are looking for an up and coming market professional with a passion for the stock market and learning the complex world of analyzing and picking stocks from industry experts such as Jim Cramer and Jack Mohr. As part of Jim's "Braintrust" the successful Analyst will work with portfolio managers across various portfolios and various subscription products. The Analyst will also be responsible for analyzing companies, keeping up to date with all information pertaining to each stock, and potentially preparing accurate written summaries for “Mad Money” and our other premium products. The analyst position also includes calculating daily performance and recording trades within our systems.
• Work with the portfolio managers to assist in the implementation of the investment strategy, manage the day to day portfolio trading, and write about the stocks within the portfolio.
• Provide detailed analysis and updates on companies in the product portfolio by participating in conference calls and attending corporate meetings
• Assist with the production and distribution of premium newsletters as needed
• Perform independent financial analysis of the stock markets
• Update the portfolio performance web page daily, including the portfolio weightings
• Verify and track the performance of various stocks daily
• Provide various written alerts for trades and other portfolio updates as needed
• Potentially contribute videos and regular stories to TheStreet’s news sites.
• Administer other ad-hoc projects as they arise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field; MBA preferred
• Progress towards MBA or CFA Charter preferred
• Minimum of 1 year work experience as an analyst
• Should be versed in fundamental analysis and have market knowledge of multiple
• Previous buy-side experience is preferred
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Proven experience delivering accurate results and meeting deadlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Advanced written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of and passion for financial markets
Please send your resume and salary requirements with "Securities Analyst" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What We Do
TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is a leading financial news and information provider to investors and institutions worldwide. The Company's flagship brand, TheStreet (www.thestreet.com), is celebrating its 20th year of producing unbiased business news and market analysis for individual investors. The Company's portfolio of institutional brands includes The Deal (www.thedeal.com), which provides actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control; BoardEx (www.boardex.com), a relationship mapping service of corporate directors and officers; and RateWatch (www.ratewatch.com), which supplies rate and fee data from banks and credit unions across the U.S.