TheStreet, Inc., (www.thestreet.com), an award-winning financial media company, is seeking a Senior Editor to help oversee, write and edit smart financial content for our audience of sophisticated investors in the United States and elsewhere.
• Create news and special reports.
• Work across business units and multiple revenue streams to create new ideas.
• Will be able to write compelling, provocative headlines in real time and manage workflow.
• Assign stories to editors and contributors based on the current news cycle.
• Fact-check all content prior to publication and keep the quality of work to a high standard
• Edit and proofread copy on the site
• Follow market trends and help generate clear, sophisticated, engaging story ideas and analysis that will be useful to a readership of investment bankers, attorneys, money managers and other market professionals
• Five to seven years or more of experience at a major financial/business-news wire service, Web site or other media organization.
• Excellent understanding of stocks, bonds, investing, personal finance, U.S. and other financial markets and how central banks, economic indicators and earnings reports affect investors. If you love reading company balance sheets or writing about central banks, we want to talk to you.
• Great writing and editing skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• A passion for investing and/or personal finance.
• Experience managing a team of people a plus.
• Experience at a financial-services firm and/or university study of finance or business would be a plus.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING THROUGH LINKEDIN, PLEASE ATTACH YOUR RESUME
Qualified applications should send their resume, three of their best clips and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Editor NY” in the subject line.
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bringing everything that matters in business and financial news. We want to help you make money. TheStreet, Inc. is a leading digital financial media company reporting on the latest investing trends and analysis to investors around the world. With an unmatched suite of digital services, TheStreet has all the tools and insight needed to help you make the best financial decisions. You can also find us @TheStreet on... Facebook: facebook.com/thestreet Twitter: https://twitter.com/thestreet Instagram: http://instagram.com/thestreet/