The Deal (www.thedeal.com), a wholly-owned subsidiary of TheStreet, Inc. (NASDAQ: TST, www.t.st) is the premier provider of actionable, intraday coverage of mergers, acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control. Our skilled team of journalists and research analysts provide coverage of M&A, corporate activism, private equity and restructuring transactions. Our clients, including the largest institutional investors, private equity firms, hedge funds and the corporate advisory firms that serve them, rely on The Deal for market intelligence to support deal flow and business development efforts.
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the Senior Product Marketing Manager will work cross-functionally with the sales team and other product constituents to grow recognition in the marketplace for The Deal’s suite of institutional products. The primary function of this role will be to identify customer segments, market needs and develop our core value proposition, messaging points and tools that support our overall sales effort.
The ideal candidate will be a professional with at least five years of product marketing experience in either an enterprise technology or market data provider. The candidate will ideally have some domain knowledge related to mergers and acquisitions, restructuring, corporate activism and private equity transactions.
• Develop marketing strategy for products and solutions by audience and segment.
• Develop and deploy customer insights through surveys, interviews, research, and analysis of customer usage and data.
• Develop and launch marketing campaign collateral for new and existing products.
• Create and refine user personas and competitive intelligence.
• Establish KPI’s and track performance to ensure marketing plans are delivering expected business outcomes and informing product strategy.
• Build and support the commercial marketing communication efforts via sales sheets, presentations and targeted campaigns.
• Work closely with the product development and sales teams in New York and London to support the roll out and execution of new Deal products.
• Liaise between product and other marketing functions and leadership teams to share product positioning, review materials, and deliver product marketing support.
• Experience marketing to B2B firms within investment banking, law firms, private equity, hedge funds, consulting and/service providers.
• Writing and communication experience: Comfortable creating a wide range of product marketing collateral.
• B2B lead generation campaign experience.
• Experience in custom publishing/whitepaper generation and ideally in B2B marketing of HTML newsletters.
• Personal attributes: A self-starter that collaborates well and is able to identify needs, quickly execute and prioritize based on market/product feedback.
• Experience working with user analytics data, Salesforce and other CRM tools.
• Hard working with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure and independently.
• Motivated by the desire to constantly learn in a changing environment and actively contribute to a dynamic team structure.
• A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent.
Please attach a copy of your resume with "Senior Product Marketing Manager" in the subject line to email@example.com
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer