TheStreet, a leading financial news and information company, is seeking a SEO-Experienced Editor/Writer to create a wide variety of journalistic content focusing on markets, personal-finance and general news. This person will create both long- and short-form journalistic work using the best practices of search engine optimization. The SEO-Experienced Editor/Writer will work closely not just with TheStreet's top editors, but also with our senior director of SEO to produce lively, well-researched and well-written features, spot-news items, how-to guides and other materials. All items will employ SEO best practices to maximize readership. The Editor/Writer will also help coach other journalists in the newsroom on SEO principles.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Strong knowledge of SEO writing, and headlines and keyword search
• Strong writing background and grammar skills
• 3 years or more experience in journalism (preferably business or personal finance journalism)
• Comfortable writing in a variety of formats (differing by project, audience, word count constraints, etc.)
• Basic HTML knowledge
• Knowledge of markets, personal finance and investments preferred
• Create variety of content from long form pieces to shorter pieces, galleries to how-to’s and more
• Ensure work adheres to SEO best practices
• Create, update and publish content
• Collaborate with SEO team members to create a plan for enhancing written content
• Stay abreast of SEO content best practices
• Follow style guidelines to ensure consistency across website
Please send your resume and salary requirements with “SEO Editor/Writer" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.