TheStreet.com is looking for a reporter/writer who can identify the biggest trending stories in investments, markets, personal finance and business and consumer news and cover them on a real-time basis.
The ideal candidate will be a business or markets reporter with two to five years or more of experience in a real-time news environment.
The successful candidate will have a wide understanding of pocketbook and investing topics, plus a clear understanding of how every story should be optimized for distribution via the Web, social media, video and newsletters.
• Write approximately seven informative, punchy news stories (300-800 words) every day.
• Use solid news judgment and editorial instincts to create stories in TheStreet’s “voice” while also attracting large audiences, particularly on Facebook and via search engines.
• Work with graphic artists to create charts and photos that perfectly reflect each story's content.
• Collaborate with our SEO and social-media teams to plan and optimize the distribution of each story.
• Use third-party tools, but also devise your own unique and creative paths to finding, reporting and writing about the very best stories out there.
• Cultivate a network of news sources to provide expert analysis for your articles, and to also provide a heads-up on big news.
• Occasionally appear in video reports, roundtable discussions, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience.
• At least two to five years of experience writing tight, clean, accurate copy for a large digital publisher.
• The ability to generate spot news, explainers, Q&As and other types of content across multiple platforms (text, video and social media).
• Deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
• A desire to jump on news quickly and always cover the next big story, bringing fresh, original angles to a variety of topics.
• The ability to do news analysis.
Please send your resume with "Staff Writer" in the subject line to email@example.com
TheStreet, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
TheStreet, Inc., (www.t.st) an award winning financial media company recently named on Folio’s list of Top Places to Work in Media, providing business and financial news, investing ideas and analysis to personal and institutional investors worldwide. The Company's portfolio of business and personal finance brands includes: TheStreet, RealMoney, RealMoney Pro, Action Alerts PLUS, MainStreet and RateWatch. To learn more, visit www.thestreet.com. The Deal, the Company's institutional business, provides intraday coverage of mergers and acquisitions and all other changes in corporate control. To learn more, visit www.thedeal.com.
Since its inception in 1996, TheStreet has distinguished itself from other financial media companies with its journalistic excellence, unbiased approach and interactive multimedia coverage of the financial markets, economy, industry trends, investment and financial planning.
*WARNING : Please beware of phishing scams that promote work-at-home opportunities and may also pose as legitimate companies. Please be advised that a TheStreet recruiter will never ask you for a credit card or any type of payment as part of consideration for a role with our company. We would also never ask you to purchase any type of equipment when you are first employed with the company. All of our vacancies can typically be found at http://corporate.thestreet.com/employment.